Nova Scotia Curling: Technical Director and Performance Coach (dual role)
Nova Scotia Curling is seeking an individual to focus on our junior athletes and prepare them to represent Nova Scotia on the national and international stage. The position is a dual role of Technical Director (TD) and Performance Coach. The TD is responsible for club engagement, Safe Sport initiatives and facilitating coaching accreditation sessions. The Performance Coach focuses on the High Performance Program; working with coaches to ensure athletes are prepared and competing at the appropriate level, and demonstrates future vision for the high performance program. This is a full-time contract position to March, 2022.
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia with extensive in and out of province travel required.
In-season working hours will be based around the needs of the clubs and HP teams; nights and weekends. A reliable vehicle is required.
- Must hold a coaching credential, preferably Competition Development Trained, a University or College degree or equivalent experience.
- Proven capacity to develop and manage major projects to successful and timely completion
- Fully proficient in Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word, Outlook) and core social media platforms.
- High degree of professionalism
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Creative and able to work independently
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience.
Start Date: July 2, 2020
Application Deadline: May 22, 2020 5:00pm
Please send resume and cover letter to: Virginia Jackson, Executive Director, [email protected]