Community Coaching Lead
COMMUNITY COACHING LEAD
The Canadian Sport Centre Atlantic (CSCA) is a not for profit sport organization that supports high performance athletes and coaches in Atlantic Canada by providing an enhanced environment of services and programs to help them achieve international podium results. In Nova Scotia, the CSCA has a leadership role in coaching development and education at all levels including the community and provincial coaching level in partnership with the and Sport Nova Scotia and the Province of Nova Scotia (Department of Communities, Culture and Heritage).
Coaching is considered a critical part of developing a strong sport system at the community level. This position will have the opportunity and challenge to mobilize and support this important group of primarily volunteers across Nova Scotia. We are seeking an energetic self-starter to lead the development and implementation of community coaching programs at a local and provincial level. This position reports directly to the Director of Coaching for the Canadian Sport Centre Atlantic.
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Development, coordination and implementation of all programs supporting community level coaches
- Collaborate with regional sport consultants as well as local partners (ie. schools and municipalities)
- Lead coach mentoring program
- Work with provincial sport organizations in activating community coaching initiatives
- Support online coaching programs offered by the CSCA
- Lead the vip Coach Recognition program
- Provide logistical and communications support to the Director of Coaching on all CSCA coaching events
- Collaborate with partners on NCCP strategy and delivery for community coaches
- Minimum three years of employment experience in sport or related field
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Coaching, Sport Marketing/Management or related field, master’s level preferred
- Proven capacity to develop and manage major projects to successful and timely completion
- Fully proficient in Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word, Outlook) and core social media platforms.
- High degree of professionalism.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability as a successful collaborator
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Creative and able to work independently
- Experience in coaching at the community or provincial level is considered an asset
- Competence in both official languages is an asset
The CSCA is an equal opportunity employer.
Contract: The position is a 3-year term with renewal possibilities.
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience.
Start Date: March 11, 2019
Application Deadline: February 13, 2019
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Canadian Sport Centre Atlantic
Attention: Daphne Pellerin
Email: [email protected]
26 Thomas Raddall Drive, Suite 166
Halifax, NS B3S 0E3
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.