Aboriginal Coaching Programs
ABORIGINAL COACHING MODULE
In order to educate and promote the value of the NCCP and to establish meaningful participation of Aboriginal peoples in this national program, the ASC embarked on a multi-year process to develop supplemental training material for Aboriginal coaches taking NCCP workshops.
The result of this process is the Aboriginal Coaching Modules (ACM), which responds to the need for a national training curriculum with content that reflects the uniqueness of Aboriginal cultures, values, and lifestyles.
To host this Free workshop in your community please contact [email protected]
ABORIGINAL APPRENTICE COACHING PROGRAM (AACP)
The AACP is a partnership between the Aboriginal Sport Circle (ASC), the Provincial/Territorial Aboriginal Sport Bodies (PTASBs), the Provincial/Territorial Coaching Representatives (PTCRs), the Canada Games Council (CGC), and the Coaching Association of Canada (CAC). The program provides the opportunity for each province and territory to send 2 coaches of aboriginal ancestry to the Canada Games in apprenticeship roles. Please click here for a list of participating sports.
Objectives of the AACP
- Build coaching capacity within aboriginal communities;
- Provide aboriginal apprentice coaches with domestic multi-sport games exposure;
- Provide aboriginal apprentice coaches with professional development and learning opportunities to prepare them for high level coaching and ensure an increase in their level of NCCP to a minimum of Competition – Development, Trained. (Apprentices complete training within 12 months following the Games);
- Expose aboriginal apprentice coaches to elite/high performance coaches; and
- Ensure aboriginal apprentice coaches are prepared to handle a meaningful role during the Canada Games experience.
2021 Canada Summer Games - Niagara Region, Ontario - August 6-21, 2021
Submit an Expression of Interest
- Review the Program Guidelines
- Contact your Provincial/Territorial Sport Organization (P/TSO) and ask them to complete the Letter of Support
- Fill out the online Expression of Interest form, and attach the P/TSO Letter of Support
2021 Public Interest Form Opens: November 18, 2019
Public Interest Form Closes: January 10, 2020
You will be contacted by the Provincial/Territorial Coaching Representative (P/TCR). in mid-January about the status of your application.